Sunday, September 23, 2012

Modified Bedrest--Until

Well, this post has been hard to sit down and write- I don't know why, perhaps because part of me feels bad that although I am just past 24 weeks I have already had to quit working and even though I have read and talked tot he Dr. and my head knows that I couldn't physically do anything to keep this from happening!  Its just hard to feel like this wasn't supposed to happen.  Full term pregnancies with all my own children, no bed rest, no preterm labor...  And now...

I am on modified bed rest UNTIL-- Who knows...these babies are born? Or modified bed rest turns into strict bed rest?!  Last Thursday was my last day at work- it was kind of sad, I don't know if its because I was a little hormonal or what- but I had one good cry and that was enough to last me the day.  Work is where my friends are- work is sometimes a pain in the rear, but right now is an exciting time as we go through JD Power certification and I am sad to miss out on that!

I knew from the start that bed rest was possible and highly likely.   I guess I just hoped that I would make it longer than 23 weeks we did. Darn that short cervix.  The Dr's have been so good at being on top of it and I am glad that we checked it early and frequently so that we would be able to tell if something changed. I am also thankful that I don't have any other pre term labor things going on.  No bleeding, no contractions, I physically feel great!  I do get wore out a little easier than I would if I weren't pregnant and doing some things has become more difficult, but overall I feel good!  These babies have been moving around like crazy and both are currently head down, which puts us in a good position for a vaginal birth! 

Hopefully now that I have come to terms with this modified bed rest, hopefully I will start to write more again... Lots of reading and tv watching is in my future as I focus on one day at a time getting these babies here as close to full term as possible...

1 comment:

  1. Here's to keeping busy on bed rest! Like you said, just take it one day at a time.

    You're doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete