Monday, March 4, 2013

My life is changed...

Two months ago- my life was changed forever.  Sure I had been preparing for this for months.  I mean being on bed rest was no joke and I had plenty of time to think about the upcoming birth.   I had time to think about what life would be like after the babies where here.  Would I be sad?  Would I think life was different?  I guess those are the questions that I never thought about- because emotion is so hard to predict.  I didn't know if I would be happy or sad to see the babies leave.

Well, let me tell- I couldn't feel prouder!  What you say...prouder?!  Yea that is a new one for me too- I don't often like to say I am a proud person.  I try to live my life honest and as a good person and just feel like that's how people should be. Doing the right thing and being a good person isn't something to be proud of, its just who I am.  But I am proud.  I see pictures of those babies and my heart is proud.  Full of love and excitement.  I love that the little 5 and 6 pound babies I gave birth to are now over 10 pounds each and that they are healthy and happy and home with their family!

I love those babies- but I don't love them like they are my children.  I love them because I wanted them for their parents just as much as I wanted my own children for me.  I loved them for the 9 months they were in my belly.  I love them with a love that I can't explain.  Seeing their chubby little faces and hearing about how they are growing can brighten my worst day!  My heart is full- Full of love, and excitement and joy.  Being part of this journey has been one of the most amazing things I have done in my life and I wouldn't trade it for the world.


If I had to name this journey- I would call it "Labor of Love"!  Still sending milk to the babies and enjoying knowing that I helped bring those babies to life and dreams come true.

1 comment:

  1. I'm 24 weeks along with my little surro bub. I always wonder how I'm going to deal emotionally when he is born and goes home with is family. Thanks for sharing this. It really gives me hope that I'll be ok. :)

    ReplyDelete